There are numerous recreation facilities for your entertainment and comfort in Fort Smith. Recreation at Fort Smith begins at the Fort Smith Recreation and community center. As the name suggests, this is truly a community place.
There is so much that people of all ages and walks of life can do here. Some of the things that will take you to the Fort Smith recreation and community center are:
- A big gymnasium with a mezzanine and stage. There is a regulation basketball court, three badminton courts, and a volleyball court in the gymnasium.
- A pool that is accessible and family-friendly. There are four lanes of swimming, a Jacuzzi hot tub, two water slides, a sauna, and a steam room at the pool.
- A rink for curling. Curling fans can play or watch their favorite game live.
- Fitness center. The fitness center is fully decked out with gym equipment and machines. It also features yoga, body sculpting, and martial arts facilities.
- An outdoor squash court. Residents can enjoy playing a thrill seeking game of squash without going far away.
- Pete’s Gym. This has everything a gym enthusiast wants and more. It has treadmills, step machines, stationary cycles, an elliptical trainer, weight and lift equipment, a rowing machine, free weights, and press benches.
- Multipurpose rooms. There are rooms that can be used for a variety of purposes for community events. However, they are subject to reservation so if you are planning on hosting something here, check the available date first.
- A theater that shows films. Residents can enjoy watching films in a comfortable environment, with awesome acoustics.
- A food concession. You can also get a taste of the local food scene in the area through their food concession in the community center.
Fort Smith Centennial Arena
There is also the amusing Fort Smith centennial arena. Various sports are held here, including; minor hockey, figure skating, women’s hockey, adult recreational hockey, and public skating.
There are playgroups, concerts, and indoor sporting events during the summer. The arena is open for winter sports from October to March. It hosts a variety of community activities during the summer, including a weekly farmers market, concerts, and trade exhibits.
Mary Kaeser Library
At the Mary Kaeser Library, visitors have access to:
- free wifi
Visit the Mary Kaeser library and have a day of great reads and some fun checking out the games and magazines.